Prominent issues linked to E-Registration involves :
- E-registration is a centralized process (government) and hence, a fault or crash in the system will result in significant data loss. This raises questions on its ‘security’.
- There are instances of some technical errors in the system process following which people can not process their requests, flooding the helpdesk.
- In increases the burden on government to collect and preserve the data in a secured environment to assist swiftness in the process. A systemic failure will have adverse outcomes.
- Hacking of government portals has increased systemic failures making the overall system, not that secure after all.
- Certain steps are yet to be digitized and hence, manipulation of data records is very much a possibility.